Western AgCredit has a history of promoting agriculture and contributing to the success of the industry by supporting and working with major commodity groups, farm organizations, and youth programs. Providing scholarships for young people with agricultural backgrounds to further their education is one of the best ways we can invest to ensure a bright future for agriculture.
Therefore, Western AgCredit offers four-$1,500 scholarships and one-$1,500 Daniel Anderson Memorial Scholarship annually to borrowers and children of bona-fide borrowers of Western AgCredit. Borrowers are defined as someone either with a principal balance or a current note having available commitment.
Eligibility and application procedures are as follows:
In addition to our commitment to customer scholarships, Western AgCredit funds additional scholarships that support agriculture including:
- Candidates can be freshmen, sophomores, or juniors in college, or high school students who will be graduating from high school in the year of application
- Scholarships can be used at the school of their choice (i.e., college, university, or trade school) to begin or continue their education as an underclassman (graduate students are ineligible)
- The $1,500 lump sum is paid upon proof of enrollment at the school of their choice
- Applications for the scholarships are available online (see below “Download Scholarship Application” only available January-March) or by calling Sarah Witt at 801.571.9200 during regular business hours
- The deadline for completed and signed applications is March 31st
- One- $1,500 scholarship to a member of the Utah FFA Association. Candidates apply under notification by local FFA Chapters and are interviewed by a Western AgCredit staff member during the Annual State FFA Convention. The recipient is announced during the annual FFA Convention.
- Three- $1,000 scholarships to the College of Agriculture at USU (for more information on applying, please visit www.ag.usu.edu)
- Three- $1,000 scholarships to the College of Agriculture at BYU-I (for more information on applying, please contact the college dean- 208.496.4500)
- One- $1,000 scholarship to the College of Agriculture at UW (for more information on applying, please visit www.uwyo.edu/agprograms/scholarships)
- One- $1,000 scholarship to the College of Agriculture at SUU (for more information on applying, please visit suu.edu/cose/agns/scholarships.html)
- 4-H Leadership Scholarships